I heart Shrinky Dinks. If I have any childhood regrets at all, one might be that I didn’t fully appreciate the joy of watching these little bits of plastic curl then flatten into tiny hard shapes in my toaster oven. I’m making up for lost time this Valentine’s Day.
If you want to a shrink a heart to grow a heart this February 14th, here’s what I did:
- On dull side of shrink plastic, I freehanded hearts and colored with color pencil, each heart about 1.5″
- I trimmed and punched a hole near the top of the heart shape.
- Baked the little boogers! Gleefully and vigilantly watched through glass door of toaster oven (325 degrees, about 2-5 minutes). Once the hearts flatten, remove from oven.
- Braided 9 strands of embroidery floss (3 strands in each part) for bracelet.
- Used split rings to attach hearts to bracelets. Super simple.
Happy Heart Day from homemadecity!
4 thoughts on “Make: Heart Charm Bracelets”
There is something magical about the moment when they start to shrink. Super cute bracelets!
Right? It’s seems unlikely that it’s going to flatten out after curling . . . I’m transfixed. xo
Tres mignon, mon amie!